Saturday, June 25, 2011

Beaute A'nergy Times Square

The appointment was made that morning and they were able to slot me in the afternoon.
The deal had been advertised as being worth 500RM, however, I felt the facial itself was not worth that much, but the results were all right.
It was a nano pigmentation and lightening facial, and upon entering the shop under it's neon banner, I was greeted by the receptionist. She could not speak English that well, and I was instructed to take a seat. I took out a magazine, and in afew minutes, the therapist came in through the doors with what appeared to be her lunch, presumably. She smiled and went inside. I waited afew more minutes as she set up the room, and she came back outside and told me to put my belongings into a locker, behind the receptionist desk. Although I did not feel comfortable leaving my valuables there, I did, and followed her to a room.

The room was almost dark, and very bare, except for afew unlabelled bottles around. The towels were worn, and initially I did not get a very homely sense. I was instructed to change and lie down, and did so. The therapist seemed to be in  a rush (probably because she wanted to eat her lunch), and quickly, i mean QUICKLY cleansed, and scrubbed my face, and left this scrub on, and left the room. It seemed to be a long time before she eventually came back inside, and washed the scrub off my face, then proceeded to do the extractions. The extraction was one of the MOST PAINFUL extractions i have ever experienced! The whole time she seemed to be in a bad mood (or perhaps she was hungry), and I asked her not to do the extractions, as the first one hurt so much. She seemed upset, so I asked her just to do the nose and chin. I told her it hurt, and she reduced the pain for a few seconds, before relapsing and doing it the same way as before. It is possible it hurt because she didn't have the right tools, and also because she didn't steam my face.

After the painful extraction, she put a mask on me and started to do the shoulder and neck massage. This was a complete and utter waste of time. It was lousy, to say the least. There was no pressure, and she didn't seem interested to massage my shoulders. She simply swept her hands across my upper chest, below the neck, and repeated this several times. When she was done, she simply left the room again.
I glanced at my watch. I wondered when she would decide to reappear, having not communicated anything to me before she left the room.

After a full 30 minutes later, at this point, I was quite frustrated, and not at all relaxed. I honestly thought she had forgotten about me. I came out of the room to the empty corridor and other treatment rooms. It was eerily quiet. I called out 'excuse me', and came out nearly to the reception and saw her sitting at a desk. I told her I would like her to take off the mask now. She seemed reluctant, saying it was for 30 minutes. I told her, yes, its time already. I went back to the room, and she came in and took it off, and put on moisturizer.

 Coming out of the room, I was so ready to leave the shop, but was sat down as she tried to sell me a moisturizer.  It was peculiar, as she had not even communicated what products she was applying to my face during the treatment.

Overall I give the following scores: (1 - 10 , 10 for excellence):
- Service: 3.5/10. The therapist did not understand my skin or my needs, it would be better if she communicated with me. She also left me alone in the room for unusually long periods, especially with the mask, and I had to come outside to tell her to take it off.

- Ambiance: 3/10. The rooms were furnished sparsely, and I did not feel warm or relaxed. Also, the music was inappropriately chosen and not relaxing at all.

- Treatment itself: 5/10. The facial techniques and massage were lacking. The extraction in particular was unusually very painful. It was a very rushed treatment, as products were 'slapped' on.

- Results of treatment: 5/10. Surprisingly, my skin did look calmer after two days, but that could be due to other factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment