Thursday, June 2, 2011

True Harmony

My appointment was located in Sunway Giza. Being an expat, I was anxious about driving to a place I've never been to, but given directions by my hubby, I felt brave enough to take on the challenge. Sunway Giza is relatively easy to spot, being the new development after the Curve. Parking was relatively easy inside Sunway, but as usual there was double parking all around the Centre. Guess if you work around there you can't afford to fork out money for the parking everyday.
It's not easy to find the shop, as its located outside the general centre, near the bank. You have to walk along the shoplots (empty), until you come across a door. Luckily there was a bunting that advertised the salon was on the 3rd level. After taking the lift up, the shop takes up the entire floor. Upon entering it was a little reminiscent of a garden setting, with fake green grass and a iron case table setting. I was asked to fill in standard forms, and then after waiting a couple of minutes, I was brought across the floor to what looked like foot baths. I was directed to sit on the bench and dangle my legs into the 'sink' below. It looked like there was a giant teabag in the sink. The water was quite hot. I was left there to sit for 10 minutes, while a stack of magazines was placed by my side. After 10 minutes or so, I was asked to dry my feet off with a towel. So ended the 'foot bath'.
Luckily, the steam bath was a little more invigorating. The beautician was quite friendly and conversational and asked if i had drunk some water, before leading me to the steam baths. The 'bath' is actually a steam room, or sauna, where I was led to sit in for 15 minutes, and given a towel for my face. The towel was a welcome relief because the sauna was so so hot, but i felt the steam was good for my pores, and I was sweating alot.
After the sauna, I was directed to rest for afew mintues, before the beautician re entered and led me back to the room, where a plastic sheet had been laid down for the body scrub. The scrub was thorough, and the amount of pressure was just right. I laid on my front, then was instructed to turn onto my back, and I had a towel to cover my chest, and had been given paper panties to wear. After that I hopped into the shower (which straddles two adjoining rooms) and washed off the oils and salt.
Then I came back into the room and it had been cleaned and new towels set for the massage. During the massage, that started on my back, we engaged in polite conversation, and I learned the beautician was 31 years old. It appeared she was quite experienced. However, the massage was not hard enough on my back as I prefer a stronger touch.
After what felt like quite a long time (30 minutes scrub, 30 minutes massage), the session finished. I was actually very relaxed and in a very cheerful mood. I changed and came out to the reception and the manager looked up and realized I was wondering what to do next, as no one was attending to me. At this point I was tempted to say, 'ok, thanks, bye!'. Of course, I knew that what came next would be the package selling. So I reluctantly and obliging sat down, as I was in such a good mood I knew I would buy something. Luckily, I talked myself of buying the package option, and opted to purchase a body scrub (even though it was very expensive), that later turned out to be quite nice to use.
Overall, I would come back for the body scrub if they have promotions next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment