Saturday, June 4, 2011

Zen'th

This shop is located in midvalley. From the description of the deal, I had high hopes for the session. I was there for a face shaping facial, without extraction. I was late for the appointment, I wasn't sure of the shops exact location, and I called them to advise that I would be late. I came in, and was told that the facial would be rushed since I was late, but after I told them I had called earlier, the assistant seemed to realize their disorganization, and led me to the lockers, where I placed my things, and was led to the treatment room.

The beautician who did my facial was friendly, and explained the steps she was taking. She was quite thorough with the double cleansing, toning, and shaping treatment. She used the machine to shape one side of my face, then held a mirror up to show me the difference. I couldn't really see any difference, but she insisted there was. I conceded there may be a slight difference, so that she could continue to do the other side of my face. Although the room was dimly lit, and the session should have lulled me into a lovely dream like state, unfortunately, the walls were so thin the constant chatter of the beauticians who were on break could be heard. It was not the most relaxing session. The beautician put a mask on me, and indicated I could 'sleep now', and left the room. She must have joined in the conversation with the other beauticians and forgotten about me, because after about 20 minutes she came running down the hall and into the room. She hurriedly removed my mask, and applied the finishing touches.

Once outside another assistant sat me down for the obligatory sell. It was quite a hard sell, and she presumed I would purchase the package. I asked if I would receive the complimentary travel set as advertised in their promotional deal. However, she replied it was 'too expensive' and was only available when I purchased the package! Ilovediscounts had advertised the travel set as part of the introductory offer. This was misleading advertising, and I was quite disappointed, as it was one of the key selling points of the deal. The rest of the sales pitch became more desperate as she continued to repeat lines and even told me my skin was dry, even though she said it was good when she first consulted with me. As I felt uncomfortable with the experience, I made my exit. Overall I think the ambiance could have been more peaceful as the walls are paper thin, and I think the beauticians are friendly, although they should not leave their customers alone for long in the rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment